By Araceli Villanueva // @Aracelv1
Playoffs Week is here!
El Trafico is coming back to the Banc for the Western Conference Semifinals.
Minnesota United fell to the LA Galaxy last night in a 2-1 loss at Allianz Stadium – advancing the Galaxy to the semifinals.
LAFC will host the much anticipated matchup on Thursday, October 24 at 7:30 PST.
Major League Soccer reinstated Adama Diomande this past week. And he is eligible for selection for Thursday’s intense matchup.
Dio voluntarily entered MLS’ Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health (SABH) program on September 20 and was assessed by SABH program doctors.
He has been cleared to resume all team activities, including competition. Dio was even seen training with the team last weekend during a special event for the fans.
Roster Injury Updates
- Six minutes into Canada’s Concacaf Nations League match last Tuesday, Mark-Anthony Kaye exited with an apparent leg injury. Although it has not been determined what type of injury the midfielder has acquired – Kaye is on a day-to-day basis as he continues to receive treatment.
- Walker Zimmerman suffered a concussion after colliding with Colorado Rapids forward Kei Kamara in LAFC’s 3-1 win over the Rapids on Decision Day. The injury kept the defender out of international duty with the U.S. Men’s National Team. According to Vince La Rosa, Zimmerman returned to full training last Wednesday and needs to get in as “many training sessions as possible to regain his fitness level” ahead of the playoffs.
The hype surrounding the playoffs is real!
LAFC players have been making numerous appearances around town all week in celebration of the upcoming playoffs.
Fans also attended a playoffs rally last night at the Banc to show their support for the Black & Gold.
Fans had the opportunity to enjoy live music, games, drink and food specials, and take photos with the Supporters’ Shield. They were also able to write a message for the players on the special “#ForLosAngeles” wall.
LAFC goes virtual
The club announced its official entry into eMLS, Major League Soccer’s competitive gaming league competing in the EA SPORTS™ FIFA franchise on October 17.
LAFC will host an “online selection qualifying tournament” in search of the club’s first-ever esports player to represent the club in eMLS competitions.
There will be three qualifying round competitions that will take place on October 26, November 1, and November 3 – top performers in the first three rounds will square off in the final on Wednesday, November 6.
- LAFC’s Youtube TV commentator Gevrina Catalina sits down with Diego “Chiqui” Palacios for his first interview and to discuss his journey to the club.
- LAFC will celebrate the Korean community of Los Angeles through a collection designed by artist Hokeun Choi.
- Inside LAFC podcast talk about their first live remote as Max and Vince left the training center for micheladas and good company at Guelaguetza.
Featured Image: LAFC
Follow and chat with me on Twitter // @Aracelv1
Check us out on Instagram @mlsfemale